For the Gent looking to impress Bae with the skill every man should master in the kitchen in this post we’re featuring a recipe from Eating Well Magazine for Maple-Glazed Chicken Breasts.
Ready to get started? Here’s what you will need…
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, (about 8 ounces), trimmed and tenders removed
Once you’ve gone shopping and you’re ready to start cooking…
- Whisk syrup, soy sauce, lemon juice, garlic, ginger and pepper in a small, shallow dish. Add chicken and turn to coat with the marinade; cover and refrigerate for 2 hours, turning once.
- Coat an indoor grill pan with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade (reserving the marinade) and cook until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the breast registers 165°F, 3 to 5 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, pour the reserved marinade into a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Cook until reduced by about half, about 4 minutes. Liberally baste the chicken with the reduced sauce and serve.
Note: People with celiac disease or gluten-sensitivity should use soy sauces that are labeled “gluten-free,” as soy sauce may contain wheat or other gluten-containing sweeteners and flavors.
When you start step number 2, you’ll want to begin cooking your sides.
- Wild Rice
- Baked Potato (Start cooking when the meat is marinating so that it’s ready when the rest of the meal is finished. Takes about an hour to cook.)
That’s it! How did it come out?
Ben el Gentelle’s Cooking for Bae Blog Series is sponsored by EverydayDatenight.com. Post a picture with you, your bae, and the meal, on Instagram with @EverydayDatenight tagged to get a shout-out! You deserve it! Date night helps couples with communication and can even help keep the fire of love burning. To learn more on how you can keep your relationship strong, visit EverydayDatenight.com.