Looking for a great side to go with your skilled three-course meal for date night? Here is the recipe to make the perfect baked potato from Gimme Some Oven:
- Potatoes (Large)
- Butter or Olive Oil
- Black Pepper
- Turn oven to 450°F
- Line baking sheet with foil
- Poke holes all over the potato with a fork. (Very important to avoid explosions!)
- Bake for about 25 minutes.
- Brush oil or melted butter on the potatoes and sprinkle with a little salt.
- Cook for an additional 20 minutes.
- Once the potatoes are done (after 45-55 minutes of total cook time), cut potatoes open down the center with a knife. Add your favorite seasonings or toppings.
Ideas for toppings:
- Classic: cheddar cheese, bacon, sour cream, green onions
- Broccoli Cheese
That’s it! How did it come out?
Ben el Gentelle’s Cooking for Bae Blog Series is sponsored by EverydayDatenight.com. Post a picture with you, your bae, and the meal, on Instagram with @EverydayDatenight tagged to get a shout-out! You deserve it! Date night helps couples with communication and can even help keep the fire of love burning. To learn more on how you can keep your relationship strong, visit EverydayDatenight.com.